Sunday, September 6, 2015

The profile


I finally did it. I changed my profile picture. 

This might seem small and insignificant. It may even go largely unnoticed by the social media world. 

But to me, it's a big deal. It has been the subject of counseling sessions. It has made me consider quitting social media altogether. 

Ask any mom who has lost a child and I bet it was hard for more than just me. Taking new pictures, wanting to celebrate new moments, but torn by the fact that they don't include the one who is not there. 

For me, it's heartbreaking to know that there will never be a picture of all my children. It's a glaring reminder that Corey will never meet his sister. 

And, yeah, it's just a stupid profile picture.  It could be of anything. But it's just one more reminder. One more step away from what we once had. 

But at least I got to choose a beautiful and truly authentic picture of Makayla and Corey. It fills my heart to see how much they love one another and I am proud to share that with the world. 


It's a difficult line to walk- wanting to bring Annabelle along with us, yet not wanting to tarnish the pure joy of raising M & C.  

I love my kiddos every day. All three of them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment